Saturday, December 4, 2010
Strange Things are Happening...
A couple days ago Anson and I decided to take a quick trip to Austin. The trip was full of all the usual goodness - Rascal Flatts, toaster strudel breakfasts, traffic - you know, the usge. OH and a nice stop to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. Right before we leave I decide to go to the bathroom since we're still driving for awhile. I walk into a stall and before I know it, other people have come in. But there are only two stalls and they're both full so these people will have to wait. Quickly I hear whining and restlessness. It's 2 kids and a mommy. One starts running around and I can already hear the stress in mom's voice. The other is mysteriously quiet. So quiet in fact that I didn't notice the head slowly poking underneath my stall. All of a sudden I realize, with perfect clearness, that yes, indeed, this child is a peeker! Umm...what to do?! Can't hide. Can't leave. Stuck. The kid actually smiles and waves. Funny, but oh so AWKWARD. After what seems like forever, the mom finally realizes and forces her child to stand up. But the damage has already been done. Little sister follows monkey see/monkey do style and it's repeat all over again. Also awkward. Finally, I'm ready to go and open the door to see a mom smiling like it's natural that kids do these things all the time. Which maybe they do? I walk out thinking - weird. I'm so surprised by all of this that I gush to Anson my unbelieveable tale. He just looks at me and says - "so?" SO?!? Umm..gross. "Some kids did that to me last weekend in the church bathroom." Whoa -what? This is a trend?! Strange. Strange things are happening folks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment