Tuesday, September 4, 2012

We're Having a Baby!

Even though I am already 4 1/2ish months along (18.5 weeks), I still can't believe this is really happening. We are so excited to announce that we will be a family of 4 (me, Anson, baby and Bear - NOT twins, haha) at the end of January! I feel like everything happened at the perfect time. I finally feel ready to have a baby and to settle down (travel less...well, maybe....) and be a mom. I've taught school to some amazing kids, gone lots of fun places and had many unique experiences. Anson and I have had time to grow together and become even better best friends (who knew that was possible?!?). The timing couldn't be more right. I'm almost surprised it happened so fast but I think God really was waiting for us to say YES, let's have a baby. So was almost everyone else including my family (who didn't believe me at all when we told them!) Haha. 

We both feel so blessed to be moms and dads, especially since I have many friends who cannot have kids of their own. My heart hurts for them and we know how lucky we are. And I'm also VERY lucky since I haven't been sick (slightly queasy sometimes but no throwing up), and have felt mostly fine so far. I have definitely felt exhausted and verrryyy sleepy, but let's be honest, i LOVE to sleep so that has been a great excuse to feed my happy indulgence. 

We get to find out if Wiggles (our nickname for baby Y) is going to be a girl or boy soon and I couldn't be more excited. I don't really care either way - although I do think Anson would be so cute with a little girl - I just want Wiggles to be healthy.  Anson wants a boy (of course). So I guess for arguments sake, I want a girl. We shall see. 

We are SO EXCITED!

4 comments:

  1. YAHOO! So excited for you guys!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Jackie I couldn't be more thrilled for you two! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jackie! You will be an amazing mom!! And you will love love love being a mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE!!! Can't wait to hear what you are having! I vote girl (I'm a little biased...)!

    ReplyDelete