One of the many pleasures (ok, probably the only pleasure) of driving back from Utah to Texas (a grand total of 22 hours) is that you have room to take your sisters back with you!! Michelle and Erika stayed for 1.5 weeks and we. had. a. blast. (hope Anson did too! haha). The picture above and below is what happens when you get your sisters their own hotel room in Albuquerque, NM. It's like they're 5 years old again or something. Crazy thing is - we didn't hear a thing!
What better lunch stop than good ol Rudy's. So delicious and so wonderfully Texan.
Bear LOVED them. Usually she sits on my lap during car rides but she mostly hung out in the back with the girls.
Dallas, TX temple - so pretty as usual
Took them to the Dallas Farmers Market (their first time at a FM) and they loved it. We went back again and again. And ate more fruits and veggies than I knew how to cook.
Bear woke them up every morning with kisses.
The booties we wore on one of my favorite things we did - Late Night at the Nasher Sculpture Center. This particular exhibit was AWESOME - you could climb inside a ropes course piece of art. It's still there so GO!!
I just have to say, yes this picture looks sooo awkward.
Isn't the garden so pretty? They were even showing a movie 'Midnight in Paris' - too bad Anson wasn't a fan.
Dinner at Jake's - yes, we do PDA well.
Also one of my favorite things we did - Schlitterbahn!!! I know I've talked about this place before but it really is the BEST waterpark ever. We always make a point to go every year and my sisters couldn't miss it!
Stayed overnight in San Antonio - Michelle's very favorite place.
There was an awesome storm that night on our way to the best steak place in the world. AMAZING lightning, thunder, and pouring rain. My favorite.
Riverwalk
Had lunch with this beautiful lady (my adopted grandma Kenna) at our favorite Jewish Deli. So glad they could meet her!
More fun at the Dallas Farmers Market.
We made crepes - even Bear got one.
To say thanks they made us the best breakfast on their last day. I have the best sisters!!
Not pictured are the THOUSANDS of times we went to the mall (haha not that many but it felt like a lot), Outlet shopping, movie time, seeing Spiderman, pool time, Rangers game, and we even had time to buy fabric for the new baby blanket I am hoping to make. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have such wonderful sisters who take the time (and their own money) to come out and visit me. I miss them everyday and wish we lived closer (aka they moved to TEXAS! ha). Seeing as how much fun we had, maybe someday we will.
LOVE YOU MICHELLE AND ERIKA!
No comments:
Post a Comment