Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's a Miracle!

So I've finally joined the band-wagon and posted on a blog. I say posted, because in truth I've had a sitting blog for about 5 months now. All made with no activity. And I wouldn't have even had that without the help of my best friend Elizabeth and her computer skills. But to the request of many, I've caved. And you know what? This blogging thing seemed somewhat complicated - but it's really not. Very user friendly. Surprise!

Before we get started I think we should get a few things straight. I'm warning you now that Anson and I don't have any kids so we don't have any cute baby pictures to ooh and ahh over. I'm not super crafty so I most likely won't ever have any homemade inventions to share. I cook but like to borrow OTHER people's recipes so I will probably rarely post one on my own. I DO, however, travel quite a bit right now (luxury of having no kids), LOVE to read, and since Anson is a food critic in his own right, we know lots of good restaurants to comment on. So I'm guessing this is mostly what we'll write about.

But let's get to the nitty gritty. We met about 2 years ago on a rainy fall day. I remember the rain because it was my first day of work and I thought it was funny that God was also mourning my jump and soon-to-be enslavement into the workplace. It was October and we were selling insurance. Well, he was. I had no idea what I was doing. But we did sit across from each other.

He was dating someone else. So was I. We both were tired of our failing relationships. And quickly we became really good....friends. We talked at work when our phones weren't ringing. We ate lunch together. We hung out on the weekends with our mutual friends. And then we hung out by ourselves. And broke up with our significant others. And went on an adorable date to see Beauty and the Beast (my favorite!). And everything was...great.

But then, I did something stupid. I broke up with him on Valentines Day. The worst day ever (and it really was!). I said I didn't know what I wanted. I became conflicted - did I still like my old boyfriend? Probably. So I left Anson and started dating him again. Stupid. But I did it. And he tried to get over me (but of course he couldn't :) and I couldn't get over him. I tried, but I couldn't. He was my best friend and I didn't quite know it, but I loved him.

Finally, in April, I came to my senses. And I broke up with my boyfriend. But Anson didn't come right back. He was mad at me. So I waited a week (he couldn't last :) and then we started dating again. Slowly. And things were...perfect. And they continued perfect. Until that perfect October morning, a year and 4 days later, when he got down on one knee at the Dallas Temple, completely caught me off guard, and proposed. And then that even more perfect (and freezing) December morning when we got married. That is a miracle. And what's even more of a miracle? We're still happy and it's still perfect (in it's own way). And the final miracle? I've managed to make this super cheesy even when I didn't want/mean to.

2 comments: