
Don't you hate being sick? I mean, really HATE it? Because I do. It's a beautiful day outside and I've been stuck INSIDE all day with a head cold. Meh meh meh. But the silver lining came in the form of one of my favorite movies - The Holiday. While I don't especially love the fake and overdramatic Cameron Diaz, I think Jude Law is attractive and I LOVE, more than words, the setting. Hence the picture of London to my left.
So because I'm sick, I got to enjoy this movie and daydream all afternoon of London. I'm so lucky I got to live there and I want to go back SO BAD someday!! In fact, I've already been looking at tickets. And they're only $421.....if you live in NYC. Dang. But I'm hoping if I whine and beg Anson enough, someday soon we'll get to go. Actually, he'd go in a heartbeat - I just won't let us spend that much money.
Consider my post a travel preview/itinerary for all you who are itching (like me) to go to London and some surrounding places. Here are a few must sees:
So because I'm sick, I got to enjoy this movie and daydream all afternoon of London. I'm so lucky I got to live there and I want to go back SO BAD someday!! In fact, I've already been looking at tickets. And they're only $421.....if you live in NYC. Dang. But I'm hoping if I whine and beg Anson enough, someday soon we'll get to go. Actually, he'd go in a heartbeat - I just won't let us spend that much money.
Consider my post a travel preview/itinerary for all you who are itching (like me) to go to London and some surrounding places. Here are a few must sees:
This is the Chatsworth House. It is SO beautiful in the Peaks District of England. There are tons of gardens and the house itself is gorgeous. It may look familiar since it was Darcy's house in the new Pride and Prejudice.
Another spot: Lake Windemere. This is where William Wordsworth and all the romantic poets lived. It is by far one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The cottages are so pretty and idyllic with sheep roaming around. Yes, that does happen.
A castle in Switzerland right outside Gimmewald. It was so beautiful. While I loved the Alps, Wales is still my very favorite.
Any true Harry Potter fan knows what this is. Platform 9 3/4 in Kings Cross station. Not much to it, but kind of fun.
On top of Roman ruins on Conwy (pronounced Conway) Wales.
Still one of my favorite places ever - Stourhead. They have the most beautiful gardens. Obviously.
Little village in Switzerland.
Bike riding in Versailles. The gardens are amazing!
Eiffel Tower in the Fall. Best time of year. Period.
Trafalgar Square. One of my favorite places in all of London. 1) the pigeons are everywhere 2) the National Gallery is right behind this picture where all of my favorite paintings are 3) you can see Big Ben through the middle of the square 4) beautiful statues are all over the place 5) St Martins-in-the-fields is next door with amazing free concerts during lunchMore to come...
Maybe in about 20 years or so Trent and I will get to go there too! And of course you and Anson should come, so you could be our tour guide! Sounds good to me, see you then!
ReplyDelete