Sunday, March 24, 2013

Introducing Miss Lydia Grace Yuhas

Yes, we finally had our little GIRL. She was born January 31, 2013 at 10:47 am weighing 7 lbs 4 oz and 20.5 inches. I know I'm her momma, but I still think I'm allowed to say that she is the most BEAUTIFUL little girl I've ever seen. I love her smile, her long eyelashes she got from her daddy, her button nose she got from me, and her dimples that we don't know where they came from. I can't stop holding her teensy hands, admiring her little feet, and rubbing her tiny bum. Just so precious.
 
 Everyday I look at her and think how blessed I am to be her mom. I still can't believe it. I knew it was going to be amazing - but really, I had no idea. She is the SWEETEST, most PRECIOUS, and constantly SMILING little girl. She is always patient with us since we are obviously still learning. Even her cries (at first) are dainty and very polite. I can always count on her to brighten my day. Seriously, she really is such a wonderful and easy baby. I feel so lucky. 
 
My favorite things are the quiet times in the mornings after she just ate when she's 100% satisfied. We usually just rock in my chair and look at each other. It's so incredible to see her experience the world for the first time. Everything is so exciting. She spent 5 minutes today just looking at the ceiling in one of our rooms. I wonder what she saw? 
 
I love storytime where I read her story after story from the books I loved as a kid in hopes that she will develop a love for books like I did. I love seeing her recognize who Anson and I am. Seriously melted my heart the first time I could tell she knew ME, knew MY VOICE, and MY FACE. That when she cried in someone elses arms and went to mine she KNEW she was safe and calmed down. That is amazing.  
 
I love playing dress up and buying her far too many clothes, accessories (headbands are my weakness), books, and room decor than she will ever need. I used to like shopping for myself, but it is true that shopping for your kids is so much more fun.
 
I love listening to her coo and try to talk to me. I love cuddling her when I really should let her sleep on her own sometimes. I just can't do it. 
 
I LOVE her more than she will ever know and already I would do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING for her. I worry for her happiness and hope that I can be a good mom. 
 
I am so GRATEFUL to my Heavenly Father who has entrusted this gentle girl to me.  


1 comment:

  1. Love this! :) So great to see on the blogosphere. You make a great mommy! I had no doubts.

    ReplyDelete