Celtics v. Heat Playoffs Game 3
Betwitched Statue - Salem, MA
Boston LDS Temple
State Building with beautiful architecture
Grave of Samuel Adams
Actual site of the Boston Massacre
Fanueil Hall
Clearly I didn't get the memo
Bunker Hill
Riding the Subway
Cheers location - like my rain protection?
Bridge at Concord - 'shot heard round the world'
Ralph Waldo Emerson's House
Harvard
Anson making fun of my Harvard pose
Fenway!
Sox v. Orioles
Things I LOVED about out trip to Boston (in no particular order)
- architecture of buildings, homes, etc...
- Subway system
- Freedom Trail (by far the coolest way for a city to display all its historic sites)
- seeing so many places I've read about my entire life (site of Boston Massacre, Bunker Hill, Paul Revere's church, North Church, site of Boston Tea Party, graves of Constitution signers, Concord, place where they talked about the Constitution, etc...etc...)
- Celtics v. Heat playoffs game - AMAZING to see all those players live
- city lifestyle
- Little Italy
- how saturated with history literally every little place is
- Red Sox game
- the hotel bed and pillow. amazingly comfortable
- location of the Boston Temple (hidden away in a grove of trees)
- delicious crepes for dinner
- Chipotle is everywhere
- town centers in every little city
- Farmers market I found our first day
- sleeping in because we could
- delicious Thai food and Mango sticky rice
- my new Harvard sweatshirt (Anson thinks I'm a bandwagonner. haha)
- sharing the free download of the Freedom trail with Anson while we walked around
- beautiful parks - Boston Commons
- looks from people when i went muslim and wore my scarf on my head to prevent rain (kinda worked)
- direct flight for super cheap
- trip out to Concord (well worth it) seeing Ralph Waldo Emerson's house and Walden Pond
- eBay shopping with Anson - always a good time and saw some sweet antiques I wish I could have brought home
Eh, it could have been better
- weather - 50's and rainy everyday in JUNE?! Bleh. it seemed especially worse since that is like TX winter and all we brought were short sleeve shirts and light jackets
- the fact that bff Becca moved to CA in December and when I finally made it over to Boston, she didn't live there - I missed you Reb!
- Celtics fans are horrible. Completely inebriated, rude, and foul-mouthed. Good thing I didn't have a child with me
- apparently we are not fans of Canoli's - tried them and now we know
- did I mention the rain and weather?
- lack of creative ideas Boston websites had for 'things to do in rainy weather' - excuse me, i did not come all this way to see a movie
- hitting up Salem after 5 when everything was closed. Mental note - go before!
All in all, it was pretty fun. I've always wanted to go there and it was cool to check off my list. Not going to lie though that we were happy to be back in TX heat with our Bears!
WHAT! I live in Boston for five years, finally move, and now you visit! I am so sad that I wasn't there to play with you!!!
ReplyDeleteI know! The whole time we were there I kept wishing you still lived there. Maybe we can come to CA?!
ReplyDeleteJackie! I found your blog a while back and realized that I have never said hi! So, hi!!! It has been fun looking through your blog and seeing what you've been up to. You look so great and so happy! I hope life is good. :)
ReplyDelete