Tuesday, December 6, 2011

cannot believe it's december





so i know i just wrote a post about how i couldn't wait for christmas. and that's true - i can't. BUT in my head, i still cannot get over the fact it is the month of d.e.c.e.m.b.e.r! what?!? yeah, this year is almost over and i'm not ready at all. things have been going so well lately. anson LOVES his job (or should i say the flexibility of his job?), teaching is delightful and is my very favorite thing to do, i just found out one of my best friends is getting MARRIED soon, i get to go home to utah for christmas this year (even if it IS short), i have the best dog who snuggles me every night while i read/watch tv/ vege, we just booked an anniversary trip (2 yrs in 3 weeks!) to st thomas virgin islands for a week in january!!, i get to sing christmas songs with the primary kids at church, etc...etc... i feel so blessed and am so happy. while i have been enjoying all these things, one thing that I have decided to DO and squeeze in before christmas is to read the book of mormon again before christmas day as a present to Jesus. all through the holidays i am thinking of what to get everyone (and sadly, i'm still not done). one person that i never thought of getting anything for is the only person who gave me EVERYTHING. something is wrong with that. so. i'm writing this here to hold me accountable. feel free to bug me and make sure i am keeping my promise. it's going to be a lot of work (25+ pages a night) but i already know it will be so totally worth it.

as for the pictures, saturday we went to the children's christmas parade downtown. i have been going to this as a kid and every year make plans to go, but somehow don't. a tragedy! so we stuck with it this year and went (despite the rain). it was a blast! so glad i have such a sweet husband who is willing to go to a kid parade for an overgrown kid's christmas obsession.

2 comments:

  1. How fun you that are going to St. Thomas! Remember how I lived there for 3 years!!! If you go to church tell them I say "hi!" Where are you staying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I totally forgot that! Ummm...what should we do there?? I think we're staying at the Marriott on the beach. No worries, I'll tell them hi at church :) Ps- I miss you!

    ReplyDelete